Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Christmas in August

One of my few flaws is that I have a sick obsession with futures and prop betting. I could spend hours looking at the outrageous bets offered for the Super Bowl (length of the national anthem). So thanks to our degenerate friends across the pond (namely my employer) we have been supplied with Christmas during the summer. The amount of prop bets for Golf's four majors rival any other sporting event during the year. Personally, I am a little disappointed their is not an over/under line on how many golfers will pass out on the course this week.


If it weren't for prop bets, I would have absolutely no interest in this final major of a pretty forgettable golf year. If the fact that newbies have won every major weren't enough, I had Sergio Garcia to win the British Open only to seem him choke on yet another Sunday. Not to mention this tournament is being played in one of the most boring places on earth. I dare you to find a worse city in the egregious state of Oklahoma.

Let's get this out there to start with, Tiger will win this tournament. Having only a Who's Now title will not suffice for this incredibly competitive being. Not to mention, he has placed 2nd, 2nd, and 12th at the other majors this season. According to Bodog, Tiger is the favorite at 9/4.
Now that may seem like good value at +225, but you can find better if you hunt through the endless supply of prop bets.


At BetUS.com you can find my favorite value bet, handicap winners. In this prop you can pick a select few golfers to finish within a certain amount of strokes from the leader. Two of my favorite values are KJ Choi +8 strokes and Hunter Mahan + 9 stokes. At 9-1 and 11-1 respectively, I have no problem placing some cheddar on these two considering their recent success on the real PGA tour.

My favorite What The F@#$ bet is whether their will be a hole in one during the tournament. This is an obvious action junkie special right here. Who on earth would have any idea as to whether an ace will be hit this weekend? I say no.....



While sifting through the countless options to bet on, I thought I had found my lead pipe lock of the summer. When I stumbled upon Odds to miss the cut, I instantly searched for John Daly. The thought of John Daly trying to play golf in 100 degree heat made me see dollar signs. Unfortunately, like always, Vegas is one step ahead.

"No John Daly Odds Available"

No comments: